Monday, January 4, 2010

Meet Ruby Jo.

Ruby was my grandmother. Jo Ann is my mother. But Ruby Jo's is more than the borrowed names of two great ladies, combined to create this shop. It's a tribute to the passion we all share for creating a home. A place that is more than a space to rest your head.

My grandmother was the original thrifter. She was forever hosting yard sales and finding treasures in the unlikeliest of places. She was avid sewer and my children spent hours sifting through her fabrics. My mother has always had a talent for mending, for finding old pieces in need of repair and making them new. She does this with furniture, and our family, too.


And me, we'll I'm a bit of both. A third generation thrifter and mender. Whether I'm finding forgotten pieces in garage sales, or breathing new life into old wardrobes with new knobs and coats of paint, or accepting consignments from thoughtful clients, I'm always thinking about how each piece will add to the story of your home. About the bonds it will create and the rifts it will mend. My hope is that you'll find just such a piece here.

Cheers, LoriB.

1 comment:

  1. We just love your store! We hope to make it back again soon! (We get ourselves into trouble when we come in there though... we want too many things and our poor little house is full to the max... lol)

    ReplyDelete