Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011.

I've heard many of my friends and customers comment on how difficult 2010 was for them on both a business and a personal level. And I must concur that the year has presented itself with challenges for me on both levels. So to celebrate and usher in this new year of 2011, I took advantage of the snow days and did some dreaming.

I treasure mapped, meditated, game-planned and basically tried to get my act together. But mostly, I dreamed.

Snowy days lend themselves nicely to dreaming. And although dreaming is good, along with making them reality, one must make changes. I ran across this quote from artist Andy Warhol: "They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourselves." I've always loved this quirky, creative man who chose to live his life outside the box. And I think what he says is quite prophetic. Change is difficult and most of us resist it on all levels, but if we are ever to make our dreams come true, change is inevitable.

So my friends, I challenge you to stop for a brief time and ponder your life, remember your dreams, and consider making those necessary changes. I hope that 2011 will be a blessed and happy year full of dreams and positive changes for all of us...

Ok, I know you're probably asking yourself, what does this have to do with Ruby Jo's. Well, I hope that you'll decide to come into the shop in the next few weeks and see for yourselves. Ruby Jo's has always been one of my dreams!

Cheers.
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment